Every time new reader or UX guy read the name “Experience map” they might think what a new thing is this? But it’s nothing it’s simply user engagement, user’s journey, customer’s journey and their feedback according to their experiences. It’s very useful tool to identify user’s interaction with our product or services to find their requirement, what they need, what they expecting and their feelings experience towards our product / services/ Ecosystem.
Customer is a key factor to doing the business either you sell services or product or any ecosystem in your organization. Customer always select a product or refer or stay tuned with particular product by their experience towards that product or services and its quality. So for better product we have to think about user centered or customer centered product by that user or customer can stay with that product and services. To create useful usable product we need user journey, Customer engagement model in short Experience Map.
Prepare/ Create Experience Map
Create The Experience Map based on many small small factors actually its long term data collection task. Continually take interviews surveys in three key factors related to user/ customer engagement activity. Create team of all stockholders like Customer support, Legal, Designer, developers, Research development team, finance and ask them to collect all kind of data about product/ services/ ecosystem likes as :
- Customer support data and Forums: This will helps us to find data for support conversation, logs, call logs, emails, Issues, bugs, clarity solutions, needs, experiences, feedbacks etc.
- Analytics reports: Help us to get User data, medium they use, browser, devices, retention, Usage, average time, country, audience age etc.
- Customer Feedback and Interviews: We can take decision where we can improve, satisfaction, dislikes, overall feelings about product/services.
- Personas: User journey, user flow, new ways to create, lake of flaw continuity, Type of users, audience, group of users, customer centric design.
Start to rectify and put all key points which relates to your mapping with personas and flaw. Draw all constants on boards or on digital medium. You may have very complex Map in starting but try to minimize that map and make it shareable to add more value addition from other whenever it comes in some of peoples mind from team. Draft the Experience map and start analyzing. SWAT analysis and other resource may help to create Experience map.
This may be helpful to make decisions over huge data and complexity.
A SWOT analysis (alternatively SWOT matrix) is a structured planning method used to evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats involved in a project or in a business venture. This helps to project and identifying the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieve that objective.
- Strengths: characteristics of the business or project that give it an advantage over others.
- Weaknesses: characteristics that place the business or project at a disadvantage relative to others.
- Opportunities: elements that the project could exploit to its advantage.
- Threats: elements in the environment that could cause trouble for the business or project.
Other helpful thing also available and recommended :
by Chris Risdon of Adaptive Path, this is the tutorial we keep coming back to.
An in-depth, downloadable guide to the basics of experience mapping.
There are many different rules and methodologies are available over a large web networks all UX masters are says different things. I also one of them and presenting some deep direct insight of experience map’s direct helpful divisions with 3 Key’s strategy for Experience Map:
Flow key: Identify the best path/flaw of user journey from the experience map and analyses it according to the user type/persona. Also it should satisfy with UX guideline so no worries about it if we already followed it, we need to just cross check whether it meets minimum requirement or not according to design.
Journey key:Make all the possible paths of user journey its most important part of various medium user uses like devices and desktop both activity might different. This will also generates journey according to various medium they and we get users choice to complete any task or moving with any one point to another.
Information Key: Get the analytical data about audience and people are visiting your site. Like behavior, languages, time they spent and medium they use.
3 Key’s strategy:All team should take close look at this and identify the most matches throughout the Experience map to finalize the extraordinary application with greater user experience and make happy to your customer. Create some strategy now either its 3 key or any else but it requires to develop, produce and give good feelings towards your product and services.